Connect with us

News

NNAMDI KANU NOT POISONED, ‘HE’S WELL TREATED’, DSS DENY

Published

on

Facebooktwitterpinterestmail

The Department of State Services, DSS, has dismissed reports of poisoning Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in its custody.

DSS said the issue with Kanu was not political; hence Nigerians should discountenance the report of poisoning.

There have been allegations that DSS was poisoning Kanu in its custody.
It was claimed that some youths are planning to burn down government properties in the southeast.

In line with this claim, IPOB accused DSS of secretly and systematically trying to kill Kanu by denying him access to his medical doctors.

However, an operative of DSS who spoke on the ground of anonymity, said Kanu is being treated well.

He said: “Nnamdi Kanu can’t be denied access to his doctors, and what is happening to him is political. Even if the prisoner is a hardened criminal, we treat him well, so Kanu’s case is not different.

“There is no truth in the claim that DSS is poisoning Kanu; it’s all a lie – he has access to his doctors. However, he has his medical issues, but he is not denied access to his doctors.

“You know we should not expect anything good from IPOB. Their issue and agenda are against the government, so disregard all these reports.”

Facebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinyoutubeinstagrammail
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

LAGOS GOVT TO SUE CHRISLAND SCHOOL, OTHERS FOR MANSLAUGHTER, NEGLIGENCE

Published

on

Chrisland school

The Lagos State Government said it would sue Chrisland High School, Ikeja, some members of staff, and one of the vendors for “Involuntary Manslaughter and Reckless and Negligent Acts,” following the death of a 12-year-old student, Whitney Adeniran, during a sporting event organised by the school.

This is according to a Friday statement released by the Director, Public Affairs, Lagos State Ministry of Justice and published to the ministry’s website.

“On the 9th of February 2023, Whitney Omodesola Adeniran, a student of Chrisland High School, Ikeja, aged 12 years, slumped during the Inter-house Sports organised by the school at the Agege Sports Stadium and was subsequently rushed to the Agege Central Hospital, Agege, Lagos, where she was confirmed ‘brought in dead’ (BID) by the doctor on duty,” the statement partly read.

The statement added that the case was referred to the police “which carried out a thorough investigation with the help of other agencies,” adding that, “The file (of the case) was subsequently forwarded to the DPP (Directorate of Public Prosecutions)’ Office on Monday 20th March, 2023, for review of the duplicate case file.

“On the 23rd of March, 2023, the DPP issued his Legal Advice and came to the conclusion that a prima facie case of Involuntary Manslaughter and Reckless and Negligent Acts had been established against the school, some members of staff and one of the vendors.”

Consequently, the statement noted that they shall “be charged with the offences of Involuntary Manslaughter and Reckless and Negligent Acts contrary to Sections 224 & 251 of the Criminal Law, Ch C17, Vol.3, Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

“Information will be filed in accordance with the legal advice issued by the DPP. Certified True Copies of the Legal advice are available on the Ministry of Justice website (www.lagosstatemoj.org.).”

Facebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinyoutubeinstagrammail
Continue Reading

News

BUHARI NEVER SAID HE WON’T HAND OVER TO TINUBU- PRESIDENCY

Published

on

Buhari

*Says 13 committees already set up to midwife transition 

*’President’s Daura community yearning to welcome him back’

The Presidency yesterday declared as “unfounded” insinuations in some quarters that President Muhammadu Buhari who campaigned vigorously for the emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, of the All Progressives Congress (APC), as the presidential-elect, has vowed not to hand over to him.
Rather, it said the Buhari-led government, which is currently at transition stage, had constituted different committees to midwife a new administration come May 29, 2023.


The Presidency in a statement entitled, “The President Never Said He Won’t Hand Over To Elected Tinubu”, issued by presidential spokesperson, Mallam Garba Shehu, also added that the hometown of President Buhari in Daura, Katsina State is agog with arrangements for the return of their son after his eight-year tenure as Nigerian President.


Shehu, in the statement said: “The Presidency wishes to denounce as outrageous and fake, and condemns the fake news brigade for attributing a false quote to President Muhammadu Buhari and circulating it.


“How can you vigorously campaign for somebody, vote for him and then say you won’t hand over to him? This beggars belief.”
He described the alleged report published by an online newspaper as “pretty pathetic”, adding: “Since their ownership is politically partisan in today’s politics, in fact a loser in the presidential election. Instead of talking about issues, they repeatedly sell lies in the hope that people believe them as truth.


“The government is already in the transition phase. The Transition Committee, made up of representatives of the outgoing administration and the incoming one is meeting on an almost daily basis planning the handover to the Tinubu/Shettima administration.
“Thirteen committees as offshoots of the main committee, some to arrange military drills and pulling out of President Buhari, are either all at work or soon to be. So far, everything is going very well and there is no indication of any hitches.


“As for the President, the Daura community has begun their preparations to receive their son back after the successful administration of the country for two terms of eight years. He, on his part, is eager to return home to enjoy his retirement.”

Facebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinyoutubeinstagrammail
Continue Reading

News

GODWIN OBASEKI EXTENDS RETIREMENT AGE FOR TEACHERS IN EDO

Published

on

Obaseki
Godwin Obaseki, the governor of Edo State, has raised the retirement age for teachers in Edo State to 65 or 40 years of service. This is part of his plan to improve the welfare of workers.

Godwin Obaseki, the governor of Edo State, has raised the retirement age for teachers in Edo State to 65 or 40 years of service. This is part of his plan to improve the welfare of workers.

Anthony Okungbowa, the state’s Head of Service, said this in a statement. He said that the governor’s approval shows that he is still committed to building a solid foundation for repositioning the education sector in the state.

He said: “Mr Governor has approved a new retirement age for teachers in Edo State. They will now retire when they clock 65 or 40 years of service, whichever is earlier.

“This is in demonstration of his commitment to ensuring that Edo teachers are the best motivated in Nigeria. It is important to remind Edo people that Edo teachers are the best-paid teachers and Edo workers are the best-paid workers in any public service in Nigeria.”

He said that the transition would ensure that teachers with decades of experience would keep their jobs and continue to help Edo students get a good education.

“This is another big win for Edo workers. The governor has continued to show that he will always place the interest of Edo workers above all else. Today, this is another testimony to that fact.”

Facebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinyoutubeinstagrammail
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © Estreet On TV 2023